Your basket is currently empty!
100% Working How to Install Custom Rom Without Losing Data
In this method, we’ll use the Orange backup apk to make a Nandroid backup on Android. In this method, we’ll use TWRP custom recovery and make a backup. There are benefits of going from a custom ROM to a stock ROM, too. You might be able to find a pre-rooted version of the ROM.
Some examples of compatible devices include your Android phone, Chromebook, or other Windows PCs with the Nearby Share app running. If you own a Samsung Galaxy phone, you also have a great option you can use to back up your data online.
- It will also be useful if you encounter bugs or performance-related issues.
- But if it does not or if you’re using an older version of the Windows OS, then you’d need to download and manually install the MediaTek VCOM USB drivers on your PC.
- Boot your Pixel device to the TWRP recovery and then use the Backup option for taking the backup.
- Navigate to your desktop where you have saved the Stock ROM, and double-click on it to select for flashing.
- You should also backup your phone just in case something goes wrong and you might have to restore your apps and data.
Now, select the “backup download stock firmware type” that you wish the application to perform. You can’t get a full Nandroid without either rooting OR using a recovery. An exception is perhaps an image of your SD card, giving you a partial Nandroid. So you have to risk installing an image or temporarily rooting, or wait until OEMs offer better recoveries. In summary, if you can restore the sector state, then functionality restoration should logically follow.
You can also use third-party tools to backup and restore app data. On a computer, you can use the Sideload command to transfer and install the Android installation file to other devices. With the command, a number of device actions, such as launching apps, can be accelerated. The ROM developers can spend much less time updating their devices as a result. Before you begin loading the flashable zip file, you must first install Android Debug Bridge, also known as the Android Debug Bridge. Make sure the system detects your Android phone by connecting a USB cable to it. There are various ways to install custom ROM on any Android smartphone or tablet.
Here you have the steps on how to use ADB Sideload on your Pixel 7/Pro to install the official firmware. Leave a comment below if you have any queries about this guide. The below instructions are listed under separate sections for ease of understanding. Make sure to follow in the exact same sequence as mentioned. And when you do so, you would have to bid adieu to the Nandroid backup as well.